Saturday, January 3, 2009

Yea! for YARN - Yes Yarn that is!

My LYS (local yarn store) was previously located in a cozy loft in the back of a quilting shop. It has grown to need a new location, and has moved just down the street a bit to a much larger location, with plenty or parking.... and papa johns pizza right around the corner :-)
Today was the Grand Re-opening, and even though I have been in much pain with my wisdom teeth I was going!

DSC01815
I was AMAZED at what greeted me at the door - TONS or yarn neatly organized along the long wall starting with sock and graduating to the bulky and the super bulky.

DSC01835
The shop was full of people looking for this and that, tasting the scones that Debbie made. (they were RAVING, I didn't get to taste, but maybe I will get to later) I was totally overwhelmed. I had planned on just getting a skein of whatever looked good at the moment as my purchase, but I couldn't decide! So I figured I needed to take the plunge and knit a vest. To me a vest in a step before a sweater. I would like to knit a sweater, but I'm afraid. So Margaret, the proprietor extraordinaire grabbed up some pattern books and I plopped down and looked through them. I really liked a vest in The yarn girls' guide to knits for all seasons, and Margaret recommended it. I decided on Galaway Highland Heather in a nice dark greenbluepurple shade.
DSC01836

DSC01837

When I checked out I also got to enter to win a fabulous door prize, shown here by YY's door man.

DSC01834

ihopeiwin ihopeiwin i hope i WIIIIIIINNNN!!!! I've never won anything. Ever. Oh well. So that was my trip to YY's re-opening. If you are ever in the area please go check it out. M and D really are amazing people.

DSC01833

DSC01832

DSC01831

DSC01830

3 comments:

  1. Looks like lots of fun! I came over from Raverly and saw soap so I hung around as we are both knitting soapers so we have to be cool right? lol Super blog,hope your wisdom teeth stop hurting you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too came over from your post on RAK at Ravelry. Lovely blog so far! The pictures of the new store are fantatic! Wish I could shop there. Loved your last post too about books and your 3rd grade teacher. I'm a librarian in elementary school, so this is close to my heart! Currently I am reading "Rise and Shine" by Anna Quinlin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with you, Debbie is amazing! Ha. Not just because she is my mom but because she is very crafty and loves to bake yummy things.
    She sent me to your blog to see the pics. The shop looks really good! Alot more room then before.
    Too bad I don't live up there. I will have to wait until I come to visit.
    Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete