Monday, December 29, 2008

Over so fast

On Thursday it will be a New Year, 2009. I remember waiting for the ball to drop back in 99, trusting that Y2K would surely not affect us that much (or at all) but wondering in the back of my head if the power would go out. I don't know why I thought that, but I was afraid. I haven't had a nervous new years since then, but I will start 2009 with a bit of anxiety.
I'm starting if off with a bang, mortgage and car insurance due on the 1st, dental surgery on the 5th. I'm going back to college for a semester and that starts the 12th. I still don't know how I'm going to pay for that, but I have the three other things covered. ACK what am I doing? No one wants to be down about things to come.
Goals. I have goals, and 2009 is going to be a HUGE year for me. I've been a housewife since I graduated from college the first time (2006 BS History). Now with times getting tough I'm going back to school because the state department says I need 3 classes before I can teach HS (as opposed to MS). Hopefully after my 3 classes, and taking the PRAXIS I will start the PACE program, and teach for 3 years, while taking classes to become certified. This will change my life in a BIG way, but I want to do it, so that we will have more options in the future as a family.
I would really like to do more work on the house this year, and pay off our debt. Currently we are not paying for things with credit cards, but we have debt left over from college, as well as student loans, and a 15 year mortgage. For 24 year olds we are doing okay, but I REALLY want to be debt free. It will feel so good to not have to pay for things that I'm not even getting any satisfaction from at the moment.
I also want to make huge improvements in my music studies. I never got any music classes as a child, but I'm around music all the time. My Band Director (RR) is graciously teaching me to play. We started on trumpet, but I'm better suited for French Horn. (Its prettier anyways) and my goal is to play Seigfried's Horn Call all by myself in the Opera House by early December. If I work hard enough to do this, I will reward myself with a nose piercing.
There are so many things I want to do this year, I'd have to post forever to cover it all. I'd love to know what your goals are for the new year.
Have a good night, and some lamb to lul you to sleep.....


No comments:

Post a Comment