Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A little update

I'm a bad blogger, but maybe I can do better.
I had a baby, his name is Wesley and he was born on February 8th.
I would like to blog a series about him "52 weeks of Wesley" So far i'm only a week behind, so I'll blog those 2 weeks and then hopefully every Tuesday I can post about him, in all his awesomeness.

My pregnancy was really easy at first, no morning sickness, I felt better than I've felt in my whole life and had lots of energy. Then I went to my normal dermatologist appointment, had 2 moles removed. They came back Atypical, so I had them largely excised. I was 29 weeks at the time of surgery, and it was not fun at all.

I also failed my glucose test and was diagnosed with gestational diabetes, that was not fun either because I had to adhere to an "eating plan" (its not a diet!) and exercise. I got a Wii, it called me obese, its in the cedar chest.

I managed to gain about 50 pounds while pregnant, and got up to 253.4 or so, yesterday I was down to 226, I'd like to be back to my normal 200 by Christmas, and if I'm less than that I'll be really happy.

At this point I remember next to nothing about the past year that has to do with anything other than being pregnant. I worked, but I don't remember it. My house is under construction, and I'm sure we've made some progress, but I don't see it.

Nothing exists but Wesley right now, well, sometimes Ben does.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I can't believe you had a baby. Congratulations! I kept going back to your blog and see if you posted anything but nothing, then tonight I just checked again and to my surprise you posted something. Your a mommy, hope exciting. Would love to see a picture of your little one. Enjoy every minute. The first years goes by so fast. I became a grandma two times last year. A little girl, Hannah, in April and a little boy, Bradley, in July. My daughter's just had to do it together to make me get gray hairs before my time. Enjoy your little bundle of joy. Hugs, Debbie

    ReplyDelete